One of the key objectives for many of the CRN UK Members is to provide quality employment, volunteering and training opportunities for their communities. A wide range of training courses are provided by community groups which may include basic life skills, numeracy and literacy, through to recycling operations and management.
In addition to the training provided by our members the CRN UK also provides a range of training for businesses, public sector and social enterprises focusing on waste, recycling and sustainability.
- CIWM - Waste Awareness Certificate
- CIWM - Waste Awareness (Construction) Certificate
- CIWM - Waste Awareness (Healthcare) Certificate - NEW COURSE
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health - Environmental Awareness Certificate
We are a registered training centre for Chartered Institute of Wastes Management (CIWM) and can provide training in house from £130 + VAT per delegate (discounted rates available for CRN UK members). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7324 4708 if you would like to discuss options. Training available UK wide.
Download course information (MS Word 79 KB)
Download Waste Awareness Certificate course Aims, Objectives & Learning Outcomes (PDF 15.92 KB)
- OCN Level One in Community Recycling
Further information available from email@example.com or www.emergemanchester.co.uk
Further information available from firstname.lastname@example.org or www.wastesavers.co.uk
Other training providers
Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP)
Provide a training programme aimed largely at local authority recycling officers. Courses include:
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Reviewing and re-tendering your services
- Communications planning and design
- Recycling Managers Training Course
- Schools recycling schemes: improving performance
- Recycle Now Design
- Waste prevention: a strategic approach
- Waste prevention: planning and delivery
- Working with the community sector
Further information on all WRAP courses is available from http://www.wrap.org.uk/local_authorities/training_events/index.html
City & Guilds
- Provide an NVQ Environmental Conservation (Community Recycling). Find your nearest NVQ centre on 0207 2942468
Accrington and Rossendale College
- Waste Management Operations - NVQ Level 1 & 2 Waste Collection
- Recycling Operations Certificate - NVQ Level 1
- Recycling Operations -Segregation, Collection and Transfer - NVQ Level 1
- Recycling Operations- Receipt/reception and processing - NVQ Level 1
- Recycling Operations Certificate - NVQ Level 2
- Recycling Operations -Segregation - NVQ Level 2
- Recycling Operations- Collection and Transfer - NVQ Level 2
- Recycling Operations - Receipt and Reception - NVQ Level 2
- Recycling Operations - Processing - NVQ Level 2
Contact: Joy Greenhalgh email@example.com or www.accross.ac.uk
Environmental Trainers Network
The Environmental Trainers Network (ETN) is a network of trainers and training managers in environmental organisations, and is overseen by a Steering Group drawn from Black Environment Network, BTCV and RSPB.
The training programmes offer:
- quality training by trainers familiar with the sector and the issues involved
- intensive short courses to make the most of your time and budget
- relevant subject matter identified through our continually updated training needs information
- accessible venues which facilitate the use of public transport wherever possible
- networking contacts and partnership building
- action planning guidance
- attendance certificates
There is a wide range of training courses available including:
- Running successful public events
- More effective marketing
- Writing newsletters that work!
- Communicate to motivate!
- Carbon footprinting of organisations
- Develop your work with ethnic minority groups
- Involving disabled volunteers
- Preparing effective funding applications
- Project management
- ... and many more
Visit http://shop.btcv.org.uk/shop/level2/107/level for a full & current listing of the training ETN provide.
Are you a training provider?
If you are interested in advertising your training courses to the community waste sector and other visitors to our website please email firstname.lastname@example.org.