- About Us
- What we do
- Members area
- CORCA Manual
The Community Resource Network (CRN) UK is the national voice for community-based recycling and waste reduction. As a member of CRN, you will become part of the wider network of organisations that benefit from the support, representation and promotion CRN provides.
The CRN team are based nationwide, ensuring that our members get the representation and voice they need, no matter where they are. We work on your behalf to lobbying effectively at a local and national level, keeping your concerns on the political agenda.
Member Services Team
The Member Services Team provides CRN members with support, consultancy, advice, information, weekly tender alerts and access to the wide range of knowledge within the network. In addition to this we also provide services to wider resource recovery organisations through our regional coordinators in the North West.
Networking & training opportunities
• Inclusion in the CRN UK Directory database allows you to contact other members directly and advertise yourself.
• Free advertising on our website for members on the jobs section and training pages.
• Promotion of your organisation via email or telephone enquiries from the general public, businesses, and public sector bodies looking to work with the sector.
• Discounted rate invitations to our highly popular and anticipated CRN events & seminars, where all our members can meet, learn and network.
• We are a registered training centre for Chartered Institute of Wastes Management (CIWM) and can provide discounted training in house for CRN UK members. Click here for more information.
• Benefit from CRN UK's close working relationships with the other national and regional networks including being a partner in REalliance and the Third Sector Capacity Building Programme with access to REalliance conference, events and training.
• Receive our exclusive monthly e-zine - The Waste Paper - which includes news from the waste industry, legislation, updates, news and stories from our members and associates as well as funding, events, training, consultations and publications.
• As a Full Member of CRN UK you are entitled to discounted advertising space in The Waste Paper.
• Weekly tender alerts specifically for your region.
The CRN plays an important role in consultations on national, regional and local waste strategies and comments regularly on government policy and strategy documents, providing sector representations and ensuring that your voice is heard.
Full members only area
• Access to our members' only area on our website - www.crn.org.uk - which gives you exclusive access to funding news, the CRN members' forum, updates, consultations and publications.
• Specific regional pages on the site with useful local information, facilitating the sharing of information and co-operation across the sector.
• We will keep you informed of news, funding, training and information resources on our website.
• Eligibility to influence the direction of the CRN UK through membership voting rights at the AGM and an opportunity to stand for the CRN UK Board of Trustees. Find out more here.
• Information and networking provision
• Inclusion in the CRN UK Directory
• Latest Waste Paper e-zine and news updates emailed directly to your inbox
• Discounted advertising in the Waste Paper e-zine
• Your organisation's details on the CRN UK website (including discounted advertising rate in job section)
• Discounted rate invitations to CRN UK events and Conference
• Your contact details passed on, in response to relevant telephone enquiries
• Credibility of Association to the nationally recognised community recycling network.
The CRN UK runs training courses appropriate for all different types of organisations. We offer in-house training and have trained over 400 delegates from business, the public sector and third sector organisations.
We currently run the following courses:
CIWM - Waste Awareness Certificate
CIWM - Waste Awareness (Construction) Certificate
CIWM - Waste Awareness (Healthcare) Certificate - NEW COURSE
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health - Environmental Awareness Certificate
For full details of the training we offer please visit the training pages of the website.
On becoming a member, we will send you a membership pack which will include;
• Full access to the CRN UK website including the Members only area and Forum.
• Your organisation details will be added to our website and to our directory
• A certificate of membership
• Information on the current projects we are running and how you could get involved
• Information on any upcoming training events that could be of benefit
If you are interested in CRN UK membership and would like a membership pack, please click here
Alternatively speak to Stephanie Brittain, Membership Officer, CRN UK tel: 02073244708 or email email@example.com.